Doing so can help ensure that sober housing is regulated and residents are treated fairly. For example, if it is to help someone who is addicted to drugs or alcohol or substance abuse to get over their addictions for a period of time, they will ensure that they carry out all that is agreed upon. Besides, the services could be providing inpatient and outpatient services, providing detoxification services, providing intensive inpatient and outpatient services, and providing medication-assisted opioid therapy services et al. Starting a business such as sober living home facility business comes with its own challenges; it is a business that cannot be started in any location. As a matter of fact, you will need approval from your local council and other regulating authorities in the city you intend opening your sober living home facility business.
- To confirm whether the residence in question complies with its licensing requirements, you should be able to speak to the local state authority in your area.
- Returning to daily life after completing a drug or alcohol rehab program can be extremely challenging, especially for someone who lacks stable, substance-free housing.
- Aside from your qualifications and experience, it is important to clearly state in practical terms what you have been able to achieve in time past as it relates to your line of business.
- In recent weeks, Mr. Trump has also told supporters not to vote, and claimed to have defeated President Barack Obama in an election.
In the City of Bellevue, for example, sober living homes are restricted to housing now more than six residents in a single family home. This ordinance was passed in direct response to NIMBY complaints levied at sober living homes in R1 zoning areas. Although Kentucky’s state laws favor fewer regulations on sober living homes, many towns, cities and other municipalities in Kentucky have passed ordinances restricting – but not banning – sober living homes in residential areas. Opening a sober living home in Kentucky is much easier than it is in most states in the country.
Know Your Major Competitors in the Industry
Unfortunately, relapse can occur anywhere, and relapses do occur in some sober living homes. So, other Sober Living Homes in the area should not be viewed as competition. Getting the answers to these questions will help you determine how you can solve an unmet need in the area and ensure that your sober living meets the needs of your location. Each state has its own governing agency for the purpose of licensure and the rules may vary. Additionally, each city and county may have its own unique list of requirements in terms of licensure, permits and clearances. Read on to learn how to successfully open and operate a sober living home.
The state received a $478 million dollar settlement from prescription opioid manufacturers in recent years. Kentucky’s Opioid Abatement Advisory Commission (KYOAAC) is still deciding how to allocate the money, but it’s likely that sober living homes may see a boost from this funding soon. Today, we’ll look at what it takes to open a sober living home in Kentucky and highlight a few key pointers for those just getting started with recovery residences in the Bluegrass State. Sober living homes are an effective resource for individuals who have completed treatment and are ready to begin their lives in recovery.
Many people benefit from residing in a sober living house after completing treatment, but you don’t have to make this decision alone. Even if you aren’t the best networker or businessperson, those with good intentions who take time to ensure that every resident has an opportunity to recover in a safe environment, will be recognized. From analysis and planning, to operational programming, to marketing planning and sober house community relations, our team has the experience and capabilities to effectively launch an organized and professional SLH. In your business plan, you will need to include information such as company description, service description, market analysis and strategy. In addition to licensing and approvals, it is also advisable for these residences to get local and state tax clearances if they are run as a community.
- So, let’s work together to make your rehab center not just a place for recovery, but a cornerstone for lifelong transformation.
- We also provide a wide range of recovery support services designed to make the transition from rehab to sober life much smoother.
- Kentucky’s Opioid Abatement Advisory Commission (KYOAAC) is still deciding how to allocate the money, but it’s likely that sober living homes may see a boost from this funding soon.